Tuesday, November 23, 2010

5 must haves for the makeup beginner

 If you are new to makeup starting your collection can be kind of scary at points and mostly overwhelming. There are so many products and tools to choose from that you kind of stand there with a dumbfounded look on your face. Here is my guide to what I think is most important product wise. I will later have a post about starter tools!  
I think the most important thing to start off with is a sunblock. The most important 
thing you can do is protect your skin from the sun. I prefer to use a sunblock that is also a tinted moisturizer nothing like a multi tasking product to save you a little bit of moolah! The one i suggest you try is the Physicians Formula Healthy Wear spf 50 this exact one goes for about $12.99 U.S dollar and I think that is a steal for protecting your skin.

Foundation is a necessity in my makeup bag and it should be in yours as well. I for one do not have perfect skin and using a foundation helps to cover my imperfections. I have slightly oily skin so I use a makeup for combination oily skin to even out the oil. I suggest using the Revlon ColorStay with soft flex this makeup is comparable to M.A.C studio fix it is a high coverage makeup this particular makeup goes for about $10.00-11.00 U.S dollars. compared to the M.A.C being 35 dollars I personally think this is the best option if you are looking for full coverage.
Nothing like having blush to add a little glow and color to your cheeks to make you look lively when you just climbed out of bed after a not so great night of sleep. I think this is one of the things that can really pull your makeup look together and make you look polished and finished. This Particular product is Maybelline New Yorks dream matte mousse blush in number 20 peach satin. I adore this and it goes for about $5.94 U.S dollar.

Why not make the most sensual part of your face even more sensual by adding a little bit of color and shine. I am not a big lipstick wearer but if I do wear lipstick i suggest you buy the Revlon color burst lipstick in whatever color best suits you this product goes for $6.49 U.S dollar. Now what I prefer is lip gloss and my absolute favorite is Sinful Colors lip gloss and this lip gloss can not be beat at $1.99 U.S dollar.

Make your peepers pop with a fresh coat of mascara. I for one think that mascara can make or break your makeup look. This mascara is the Covergirl Lash Blast this is the one I swear by it goes on beautifully and I have never had it clump ever. This mascara goes for $6.99 U.S dollar.


There are many kinds of eyeliner. You do not have to buy all of these the one you ABSOLUTLY need is the pencil(shown above is the Jordana retractable liner $1.99 U.S dollar). I for one prefer to do my top lid eyeliner with either a liquid pen(shown above is the incolor fabu liner in black $1.99 U.S dollar) or a gel liner(shown above is the wet n wild mega eyes creme eyeliner in black $2.99 U.S dollar). 

Once you get used to buying product and doing your makeup more and more you can broaden your horizons and purchase SOO much more makeup but this is what you need to survive. Thank You for reading and until next time
blackbird1289..the makeup addict! 

No comments:

Post a Comment